The SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a toolkit that allows a Java application to communicate with any SAP system. It combines an easy to use API with unprecedented flexibility and performance. The package supports both, Java to SAP System as well as SAP System to Java calls.
The SAP jco2 and jco3 connectors can be used to call a SAP function (BAPI, RFC or ZBAPI).
- High-performance JNI-based RFC middleware
- Supports R/3 3.1H and higher
- Supports inbound (Java client calls BAPI or RFM) and outbound (ABAP calls Java server) calls.
- Supports synchronous, transactional (important for IDocs), and queued RFC.
- Supports client pooling (good for web servers).