When a process is ready for deployment, build an archive file in Bonita BPM Studio that can be installed in Bonita BPM Portal. You also need to initialize the organization information needed in Bonita BPM Portal.
A process is deployed by installing a business archive (.bar) file in Bonita BPM Portal. To create the business archive:
- Choose Build... from the Server menu.
- Select the process to be exported.
- Specify whether you want to export a configuration with the process. Exporting a configuration will export all the information and other items that you configured, including connectors and dependencies.
- Specify the location where the .bar file will be created. The filename is determined by the process name and cannot be changed at this stage.
- Click Finish. The business archive is created.
You can now install the process in Bonita BPM Portal.
To prepare your production system (unless you are using a Subscription editions and the LDAP synchronizer), you must create the organization that you need for all the processes that will be deployed, export it from Bonita BPM Studio, and import it into Bonita BPM Portal.
To export the organization, go to the Organization menu and choose Export.... You can then import the organization into Bonita BPM Portal. After the organization is imported into Bonita BPM Portal, you can manage the groups, roles, and users in the organization.